Preventive Maintenance for Hydraulic Equipment
Preventive maintenance is a proactive equipment and system facilities management strategy. It operates on cost/benefit premise of creating a calendar of regularly scheduled testing and upkeep Typically, testing and maintenance are performed while equipment and systems are still in good working condition.
This calendar set up can be based on actual chronological time or seasonality. But it may also be scheduled on equipment usage lifetime hours or unit production integers. The latter two usually being supplied by the manufacturer of equipment and systems.
In some, but not all circumstances, preventive maintenance can be conducted without having to shut down the system. Doing testing and repairs while the equipment is still actively doing its job.
The overriding cost/benefits being:
- Ward off the equipment from breaking down unexpectedly
- Subsequently cost less than making major repairs or even replacements to equipment
- Decrease the likelihood of equipment and systems experiencing profound or even catastrophic failure, which can have a domino effect and cause other production line or system breakdowns
That’s because these force ancillary costs of:
- Production stoppages
- Paying outside repair experts
- Purchasing major equipment/part replacements
- In some instances, paying fines or penalties or lawsuit settlements
- Loss of clients, brand reputation, market share
Any or all of these can alone (or combined) create—in some cases—profound revenue losses.
A SOLUTION THAT WORKS: FLUORESCENT LEAK DETECTION
Using fluorescent leak detection as an additional solution of preventive maintenance can help with life of the equipment and overall costs.
Fluorescent leak detection or UV leak detection – is visually intuitive, cost effective and extremely efficient for helping leaking hydraulics or facility maintenance. Technicians can safely scan near moving parts to easily detect all leak types. In addition, Spectroline UV leak detection dye will safely circulate with the oil, decreasing the time it takes to locate the leak when an issue arises, especially if incorporated earlier in the system’s life. UV dye from Spectroline is the only sure way to visually spot all leaks, especially if you are having difficulty locating them. It even has options in the product line to color code equipment for a clear way to identify where leak is coming from, resulting in a faster diagnosis and production running again. It is a quick and cost-effective solution worth investing and to have on hand for a faster diagnosis.