- Superior bandpass interference filter resists degradation and prevents undesirable radiation readings
- Excellent linearity and cosine response
- Choice of direct or USB cable connection between sensor detector and readout unit
- Large, easy-to-read monochrome LCD screen
- Automatic shutoff and user-defined power save features
- Powered by two 9-volt alkaline batteries (included)
- Readout unit dimensions (W x L x H) : 4.25 in x 7.75 in x 1.25 in, 10.8 cm x 19.7 cm x 3.2 cm)
- Readout unit weight: 1.1 lb (499 g)
The AccuMAX series is designed to provide accurate readouts for UV irradiance, visible illuminance or luminance light readings. When equipped with an interchangeable sensor detector, the AccuMAX readout unit can be used to perform fluorescent inspection (intensity check through normal operation) and UV dosing (energy check through integration operation). Both the XR-1000 and XF-1000 readout units feature a sleek design and rugged housing, maximum 4-digit auto ranging and easy-to-read 3 inch monochrome LCD screen with icons and alphanumeric display. A removable, rubber protective boot for the meter is included. A padded carrying case is available as an accessory.
- Four side-by-side buttons provide for easy operation of user-intuitive interactive functions
- Menu-driven, user-selectable settings; customized visible units of measurement and backlight display to suit operating conditions
- Screen displays meter status, battery power level, light intensity, wave type readings and user-available functions
- Multiple-function control of main operational modes: absolute data/normal, autozeroing and integration
- Multifaceted light level reading and access to additional features (peak, hold and back screen) embedded within main operational modes
- Integration (INTG) mode sums up cumulative ultraviolet light exposed to sensor over an interval of time – useful for UV dosing applications
The AccuMAX meter’s microprocessor-controlled software is the key to its user-friendly operation, advanced functionality and accurate readouts. Four pressure-sensitive buttons on the readout unit’s membrane keypad offer an extensive array of advanced features. The software-driven function menu gives full access to the three main operating modes: absolute data/normal, automatic zero and integration. To save battery power, the meter automatically shuts off after 10 minutes of non-use in all modes, with the exception of integration. In addition, the software allows the user to customize units of measurement for visible light readouts, as well as LCD screen backlight settings. These functions and other user-selectable parameters are easily accessible though the software’s main and subordinate menus.
The AccuMAX provides users the capability of selecting the default visible unit of measurement in their choice of foot-candles (fc), lux, lm/ft2 or lm/m2. The user can also select and adjust the display contrast, backlight brightness and interval between active and passive operations, which also helps conserve battery power. Unless the meter is at low-battery status, all user-selectable parameters will be saved and used for future meter operations.
This mode will measure the real-time absolute total light to which the sensor is exposed. The HOLD function is accessible in this mode, giving the user the option to freeze the reading and display the data. The PEAK feature is also available in this mode, which will freeze and display the highest intensity reading recorded during normal operation.
In this mode, the AccuMAX automatically subtracts “unwanted” ambient light when measuring light output. All subsequent measurement readings will be relative to this zero light level, saving the user data-recording time. The HOLD and PEAK features are also accessible in this mode.
In the integration mode, the meter sums up the cumulative ultraviolet light that the sensor is exposed to over an interval of time, then displays the resultant total energy absorbed in joules. This mode is useful for UV dosing applications when checking energy levels of the light source used. In this mode, the freeze feature will hold the displayed data static while continuing the integration process in the background. For convenience, the AccuMAX will not shut off automatically after 10 minutes (as it would in other functions), allowing the user to continue integrating for extended periods of time.
AccuMAX sensor detectors are designed to meet virtually any laboratory or life science application. These detectors feature water-resistant, sealed sensor housings, superior bandpass interference filters and excellent cosine response. Single-wavelength detectors are available in both standard range (XS-series), ideal for checking the intensity of fluorescent UV tubes and HID UV bulbs, and extended range (XTS-series), useful for high-intensity light sources used in curing and photoactivation applications. Also available are a single-wavelength visible illuminance detector (XS-555/I) and a luminance detector (XS-555/L). All sensors can easily be connected to the readout unit either directly or with a standard USB cable. A special 5 foot USB cable with water-resistant adapter (XCB-100) is available as an accessory.
|MODEL||DIMENSIONS (L x W x H)||NET WEIGHT|
|Single Sensor||2.0 in x 3.0 in x 7/8, (5.1 x 7.6 x 2.2cm)||2.4 oz, 68g|
|Luminance Sensor||2.1 in x 3.0 in x 3.2 in, (5.3 x 7.6 x 8.1cm)||6.4 oz, 181g|
|MODEL||SENSORS||SPECTRAL RANGE||RANGE IN UNITS|
|XS-555/I||Visible illuminance||555nm||0-5,300 lux, 0-500 fc|
|XS-555/L||Visible illuminance||555nm||0-1,000,000 cd/m2, 0-90,000 cd/ft2, 0-285,000 fL|