The Sales Manager is responsible for all aspects of sales & marketing within the United States & Canada as well as assisting in sales & marketing to advance the entire organization. This position forms the essential liaison between the customer and the company and is a part of the company’s management team. The Sales Manager also will need to generate new sales opportunities and additional sales opportunities with existing customers within the United States & Canada
* Develop annual sales plan in conjunction with Director of National Sales, which details activities to follow during the year, which will focus on meeting or exceeding sales quota.
* Generate sales opportunities in conjunction with the core business competencies.
* Provide technical presentations and product knowledge in NDT/laboratory/forensics
* Submit detailed business information for underwriting, pricing, and presentation of solutions to identified customers’ application problems.
* Participate and contribute to the development of training programs offered to clients, prospects and company employees.
* Organize and participate at national market tradeshows
* Understand and utilize pricing and proposal models to maximizes all opportunities in the process of closing a sale
* Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities.
* Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
* Ability to travel locally and regionally as required, up to 30-40% of work year.
* Bachelor’s degree in Arts or Science, or equivalent experience.
* NDT experience is a plus with focus on fluorescent inspection.
* 4+ years of technical sales, project management, or other customer service experience.
* 4+ years of industrial inspection or other transferable industry experience.
* Proven track record delivering sales and/or operational results.
* Strong leadership, self-initiative, resource utilization, and time management skills, as well as team focused.
* Solid interpersonal, written and verbal communication, presentation, and computer skills.